L'Orfeo (P. Agnew)
Date d'édition :
- Cyril AUVITY, Orfeo
- Hannah MORRISON, Euridice, La Musica
- Paul AGNEW, Apollo, Echo
- Miriam ALLAN, Ninfa
- Lea DESANDRE, Messagiera, Speranza
- Carlo VISTOLI, Spirito infernale, Pastore
- Sean CLAYTON, Pastore
- Zachary WILDER, Spirito infernale, Pastore
- Antonio ABETE, Plutone, Spirito infernale, Pastore
- Cyril COSTANZO, Caronte, Spirito infernale
- Orfeo (2016/2017)
Following on logically from his complete cycle of Monteverdi madrigals, Paul Agnew – here both conductor and stage director – presents his intimate and ‘sacred’ version of the composer’s first opera (and the first great opera in musical history).
In a fine collective spirit, the singers and instrumentalists of Les Arts Florissants participate in the drama on equal terms, mingling in a single set that gives increased prominence to the (masterly) lighting and to the protagonists (overwhelmingly moving in their restrained movements and expressions): we are transported to the very heart of Monteverdi’s masterpiece, as if we had fallen into a painting by Nicolas Poussin, caught up in the mystical adventure of two lovers more mythical than ever.
Corpoduction du spectacle : Les Arts Florissants, Théâtre de Caen, Philharmonie de Paris