After the success of our Lamentazione programme in 2012 in which the repertoire of the ‘stile antico’ in the 18th century Italy was explored, the choir of Les Arts Florissants turns towards a repertoire that is situtated at the very centre of the more popular forms of the day in France, namely the Petit and Grand Motets.
The works of Sebastien de Brossard et Pierre Bouteiller continue the tradition of Les Arts Florissants of bringing gems of the French baroque repertoire to the public ear. The influence of the italianate expressivity and colour together with the delicacy of the French manner make for a sublime sacred programme.
Caen / France
théâtre de Caen
- Wednesday, May 18 2016, 8pm
Paris / France
Philharmonie de Paris / Cité de la Musique, Concert hall
- Thursday, May 19 2016, 8.30pm
Evron / France
- Wednesday, July 6 2016, 8pm, Festival d'Arts sacrés d'Evron
Fribourg / Switzerland
Église du Collège Saint-Michel
- Sunday, July 10 2016, 5pm, Festival international de Musiques Sacrées
Lessay / France
- Friday, July 15 2016, 9pm